The choice for accuracy, accountability,
and multi level checks & balances
MIchael M. McInerny
The town treasurer is primarily responsible for managing the town's revenue and cash flow. The treasurer is tasked with providing accurate, efficient financial record keeping and providing financial management that puts Prospect residents' best interests first.
As a small business owner and experienced professional tax consultant who has lived in and served Prospect for more than 30 years on various boards and committees, Democrat Michael McInerney is the best candidate for this position.
Mike's professional qualifications and long history of service include:
• BS in accounting from the University of Connecticut
• Retired director of accounting for a $3.2 billion multi-national industrial conglomerate. Former manager of general accounting and cash for a multi-national manufacturer of nuclear measurement devices.
Founding member and treasurer of the Concerned Parents Association, which worked to build Region 16 its own high school
• Served on Region 16’s Long Range Planning Committee
• Member of The Prospect Land Trust
• Past president and treasurer of the Algonquin/Community Schools PTO; past treasurer of Habitat for Humanity's Waterbury chapter; former member of the Prospect Jaycees