The Presidential Primary date
has been CHANGED to August 11, 2020
See updated registration deadlines below
Registration Deadlines for the Presidential Primary:
May 11, 2020
- Deadline for enrolled party members to transfer enrollment from one party to the other, for voting in their "new" party's presidential primary.
- Deadline for new voters, and for unaffiliated voters, to enroll in a party for voting in its primary. For new voters, mail-in applications must be postmarked, or received by Registrar of Voters or voter registration agency, by this date. For unaffiliated voters, the mail-in application must be received (not merely postmarked) by the Registrar of Voters by this deadline. (See exception below for in-person enrollment.)
- In-person enrollment deadline, for new voters and unaffiliated voters enrolling in a party in person at Town Hall, for voting in primary.
Election Day is November 3, 2020
Polls are open from 6 AM to 8 PM
Election day registration is in the lower level of Town Hall
*There is no same day registration for primaries.
You may register in person at Registrars of Voters' Office or Town Clerk's Office, Town Hall, 36 Center Street
Can I vote absentee?
Connecticut has strict laws regarding who can vote absentee.
- Are you an active member of the armed forces of the United States?
- Will you be out of town during all the hours of voting on Election Day?
- Does illness prevent you from voting in person on Election Day?
- Do your religious beliefs prevent you from performing secular activities like voting on Election Day?
- Will you be performing duties as an election official at a polling place other than your own during all the hours of voting on Election Day?
- Do you have a physical disability that prevents you from voting in person on Election Day?
If you would like to get involved,